The State of Tennessee Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services has launched an exciting, new mission partnering with faith-based communities across the state. Together, we are building a recovery network comprised of compassionate and concerned citizens who are reaching out to those struggling with addictions and connecting them to vital substance abuse services. Your congregation can join this effort.
- Learn about the disease of addiction and understand what recovery is and how both affect the community and how it may be affecting members of your congregation.
- Have the opportunity apply as a Certified Recovery Church OR Faith-Based Organization in the State of Tennessee.
- Receive a digital toolkit in advance that will start to provide information and resources in advance of the meeting.
- Learn about resources in the region and their own community to support their congregation and community members struggling with addiction.
- Learn about Substance Abuse Prevention Coalitions and their work in the communities in Tennessee and how congregations can support coalition’s efforts to prevent substance abuse and what strategies address the impact on the region.